"Traverse for Women" Guidelines
"Traverse for Women" Groups provide(s) users a place to meet, interact, and share ideas with each other. It is good to bear in mind that we are individuals first and from time to time we may have different opinions than others about some things. The "Traverse for Women" experience is best when people remember a few rules.
For your enjoyment of "Traverse for Women", events, activities, and web site, some of the key things to remember are:
1. You may not harass, abuse, threaten, or advocate violence against other members or individuals or groups.
2. You may not post content that is harmful to minors.
3. You may not post content that is obscene, otherwise objectionable, or in violation of federal or state law.
4. Stay on topic. Although all groups are different, most groups appreciate it when you stay on topic. If you constantly stray from the topic you may be moderated or removed from a group altogether by its owner.
5. You may not add members to a group without their permission.
6. You may not use "Traverse for Women" members for commercial or advertising purposes.
7. You may not post content which infringes (upon) the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties.
8. You may post adult-oriented content ONLY in age-restricted areas. You must be 18 years old or over to access these areas.
9. Some content may be more appropriate in some contexts than others. "Traverse for Women" reserves the right to remove content that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate and in violation of our rules. For example, discussions or depictions of incest, excretory acts, or pornography may be inappropriate if placed in a sexual or otherwise exploitative context.
10. You may not use Groups solely for the purpose of storing and archiving files.
"Traverse for Women" is a volunteer organization, in which you are a member by virtue of your participation in any event or service. Should we be sued or threatened with a lawsuit in connection with your use of our events or services, you agree to hold any, and all, of us harmless and indemnify any, and all, of us. We will not participate in any way in any dispute between you and any third party (in plain english, we will not get involved in your legal stuff, and you will not even think about suing any other women involved with us). You will not name us as a party or otherwise include us in any legal proceeding. This Agreement, and the services provided herein, are governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Michigan. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in a mutually agreed upon, competent arbitration forum in the state of Michigan, in the county of Grand Traverse.
12. No penis policy. We hope that you will understand and respect the fact that "Traverse for Women" events will be shared by women born women, unless stated otherwise. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions about this guideline, are intersexed or transgendered please feel free to contact us.
If you are unsure whether your content is consistent with these policies, please err on the side of caution and do not post your content in "Traverse for Women" Groups, Message Center, or any other "Traverse for Women" community area.
NOTE: While "Traverse for Women" does allow users to post adult-oriented content to the appropriate age-restricted areas, please remember that the Guidelines apply whether or not you are in an age-restricted area.
"Traverse for Women" Right To Terminate
"Traverse for Women", in its sole discretion, may terminate or remove any content, Group, your "Traverse for Women" ID, or request that you leave the premises where an event is being hosted, immediately and without notice if (a) "Traverse for Women" believes that you have acted inconsistently with the spirit or the letter of the "Traverse for Women" Guidelines, or (b) "Traverse for Women" believes you have violated or tried to violate the rights of others. Please help us keep "Traverse for Women" an enjoyable and positive experience. If you see a Group or content that violates our rules, please let us know by contacting us .
Pricing for Events
In light of the recent issues and concerns around our pre-existing policy around the "Sliding Scale" (ability to pay) rates to enter and participate at events sponsored and/or promoted by “Traverse for Women” please note that sliding scale pricing has been discontinued as of November 1, 2005, and fixed rate pricing (the same rate for everybody) will become the standard policy at all of our events and activities.
-Financial Assistance Availability-
We will offer Financial Assistance to women who request it, based upon our ability to offer assistance. Financial assistance will be paid out of funds accumulated in excess of the cost of providing/promoting events and related services. Financial assistance will only be available to women who make their ticket purchase(s) prior to the event. No discounts will be available at the door.
-Contributions to the Financial Assistance Fund-
Contributions will be solicited from all, to assist those women who require financial assistance in order to participate in events and activities. We hope that women who have the ability to help other women who are less fortunate, will choose to do so. It is our desire that every woman be able to attend events of her choosing in spite of handicap or poverty.