17™ ANNUAL BEACH VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
- This will be a co-ed tournament and each team will be allowed to play with a maximum of six players and no less than five, of which three or more must be female. Exception is the 2-on-2 tournament, of which players can be either sex.
- Players must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Five minutes after game time is forfeit time.
- The referee will decide who serves first.
- All players except the server must have their feet in bounds until the ball is contacted.
- Field captain is the only person allowed to call time-out or approach the referee.
- Only one time-out per game. One minute in duration.
- Judgment calls not allowed to be challenged.
- For 6-on-6 play:
- For division "A" open hand setting will be allowed.
- For division "B" passing and setting must be bumped (NO OPEN HAND SETS).
- For both divisions reception of the serve will still be bumped.
- A block does not count as a hit.
- No touching the net at any time.
- If a ball enters an adjacent court, the ball becomes a 'dead ball.'
- Referee is the only person who can stop, postpone, or reschedule a game that is in progress. If a ball lands on your court, the referee will call a redo.
- Any more than one hit on a side must be touched by a female player.
- Rules for beach volleyball rules will be enforced.
- No alcoholic beverages on the beach.
- Let's have fun and hope for sun!
This tournament will run on six courts and will be known as "Pool Play". A maximum of 18 teams for each, the 6-on-6 and the 2-on-2 tournaments will be accepted. Play-offs will be single elimination play, top two teams of each pool. It is a first come, first serve basis-GET YOUR ENTREES IN EARLY! Entry fee will be $15.00 per player for 6-on-6 and $30 per team for the 2-on-2 and must accompany the entry form. All players will be given tournament T-shirts. If your team contains more than six players, an additional fee of $15.00 per player must also be paid, in advance, (even if the additional players do not want a T-shirt). Tournament fee's will not be refunded. Barbecue and refreshments are included at no charge. Awards will be given to the top two teams in each tournament. All players must be on site on the day of the tournament at 8:30am. Play starts at 9:00am. There will be a team captain meeting at the tournament site at 8:15am.
Make Checks Payable to:
Midwest Music Alliance
(Sorry No Refunds)
NOTE: This electronic form is a scanned facsimile of the paper form mailed from WKLT. We cannot warrant or take responsibility for its accuracy.